Thursday 1 December 2011

Act 2, Awe-Inspiring: Having a midnight rendezvous with the love of your life

Dear Diary,
            My heart goes out to those who have never had the opportunity to experience love, as they are surely missing out. I have been fortunate though it was only a few hours ago, that I met my one true love, my Romeo. A Montague he may be, but it is only his name that is my enemy, and the rest of him is surely more than I deserve. I was disheartened earlier, back when I was certain that never again would I be able to embrace my newly beloved. But then, in the darkest hour of the night, as I rested upon my balcony recalling the sweet details of our first, brief meeting, he called out to me from below.
            Make no mistake I was frightened at first, since I did not recognize dear Romeo in the darkness. However, his identity as my love was proven soon enough when the mere sound of his voice brought a miraculous fluttery feeling to my bosom. From that moment on, the air was filled with an exhilarating spark; an excitement that stemmed from the knowledge that every whispered word, every touch and caress, every kiss was forbidden in their mere existence. My emotions from the time are impossible to describe, but I will try. It was like being lifted off my feet and twirled in circles until my head was spinning, except that even after I realized that I was standing on the ground the light-headed feeling never faded and I was completely filled with pure happiness, and joy, and love.
Furthermore, beneath all of that passion was a sense of urgency. Without having to say anything we knew there was a countdown, a time limit leading us to that impending 0:00 mark. The hurriedness only made the experience all the more enjoyable. My heart was pounding with the force of a thousand drums and I knew that at any moment we could be caught and it would be over. It was like that first touch all over again, yet I could compare our actions to the desperation of two lovers embracing for what they know would be the last time.
I look back on it now and realize that our second meeting was too brief; actions that felt like they took hours lasted only minutes. We have planned to meet again, Romeo and I, and this time we are to be married. It will feel like a lifetime until then, but as I wait I will keep my mind preoccupied with the remembrance of our nighttime tryst. The moon and stars were the only witnesses to our rendezvous, and I know they will keep our secret: a forbidden meeting of lovers in the quiet hours of the night.
Truly, AWE-INSPIRING!


                    Sincerely,
                                  Juliet

7 comments:

  1. My dear, don't you worry, romeo's love will keep you safe from your family. Love is the strongest emotion in the world. It can save you and hopefully you will realize. Take his hand in marriage and you will feel something you've never felt before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romeo hath met with you? This is news for me! Alas I must agree with you about love being amazing, as well as meeting your lover in the late hours of the night. Enjoy your love, for they do not all last.. - Benvolio Montague

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop thinking about Romeo and start thinking about your future husband, Paris

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah likyour father said enough about Romeo more about Paris......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noone cares that your 'inlove' with Romeo.. We dont need to hear about all the little details of your night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sweet Juliet, although I don't share your feelings about our meeting to be too short, nor too brief, I must say that I think we are meant to be.
    Until our wedding, my love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blah blah blah. All these feelings and girly emotions, no one cares!

    ReplyDelete